About Me

My photo
Dreaming of Africa
I am married, a lifelong musician, somewhat competent photographer, and world traveler. Having been around for over 60 years, I have lots of "stuff" floating around inside my head that is screaming to get out.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photos and text on this blog are copyright 2008-2010 Norman Arnett, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted. All content not owned is used with permission and is also protected by copyright.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

I have been a bad blogger!

It has been forever since I last put words down to let you know what I have been up to. In fact I have had a hard time finding the time to even read the blogs of friends and relatives.
We are fighting the good fight and treading water in this topsy-turvy economy. We get the opportunity to travel back to Africa for our third visit late this fall, and have begun counting the days until we are back in the bush.
Africa is a place that you either love or hate, but I believe that if you go and are bitten by the "Africa bug" you will always dream of Africa and will always return to her treasures.
We are currently smitten with the Kruger National Park in South Africa. A park more than twice the size of Yellowstone National Park here in the United States, Kruger is an unbelievable experience.

A lone Kudu Bull. The regal symbol of South Africa's National Parks

Helmeted Guinea Fowl

An Old Bull who appeared out of nowhere right next to our car!

We watched an Egyptian Goose honk and harass this small crocodile for a long time, so much that the croc eventually escaped into the river

Hyena resting in the shade on a hot dry day
96F - 35C

The King of Beasts - what a lazy lot! During the day all they do is sleep!

It won't be too long before I am back!

No comments:

Post a Comment